105F & BYEA Hot Yoga RetreatMay 7th - 13th, 2017
- < Back to retreats
About the Retreat
MAS YOGA, MAS TEACHERS, MAS FUN
105F & Bikram Yoga East Austin are teaming up to bring you a fun-filled, action packed spring time yoga retreat! Led by Gianna Purcell, Kathy Durham, Aviad Sasi, Gabriel Tavera, John Marcoux, and Kiley Enmark this week-long yoga immersion, perfect for beginners as well as seasoned yogis, will allow you to study, relax, and play as hard as you wish, including:
- Seven days and six nights in luxury accommodations at Casa Om.
- Multiple opportunities each day to practice a variety of yoga disciplines including the 26+2 Hot Series, Next Level 90 Intermediate Series, Vinyasa, and Yin Yoga in Casa Om’s beautiful yoga room or beach side overlooking the ocean.
- Experience “yogic sleep” which combines alert awareness and deepest relaxation with several Yoga Nidra meditation sessions throughout the week.
- Posture clinics and individualized instruction to improve alignment and balance to push your practice forward.
- Insight into and opportunity to practice the 84 advanced asanas, from where the Bikram series was derived.
- Six gourmet vegetarian brunches and four dinners by Casa Om’s exquisite chef as well as fresh fruit served each day (special dietary needs can be accommodated).
- On-site massage and healing services by Casa Om’s in-house therapists, including Polynesian massage, Mayan healing, breath work therapy, and more (extra fee).
- Optional day trips including snorkeling near the Mesoamerican coral reef, a trip to the Tulum Ruins complete with a night out in Playa del Carmen, exploring the Puerto Morelos botanical gardens, and a visit to local area freshwater limestone pools (extra fee).
- Plenty of free time to enjoy Casa Om’s on-site pool or the beach which is just steps away.
- Hours of sunshine and tropical weather (77-88°F).
- Pick ups and drop offs from Cancun International Airport (extra fee).
- Friendly company among like-minded yogis.
Casa Om has 10 beautiful bedrooms, a spacious and well-equipped yoga room, swimming pool, and a kitchen. Bedrooms are double occupancy, and have either a private bathroom or a bathroom shared between two rooms.
The rooms at Casa Om are comfortable and beautifully designed with air conditioning and fans. Drinking water and a small coffee maker are in each room, and most rooms have a small mini-fridge. Yoga mats, towels, and beach towels are provided!
Wifi is included and available throughout the resort.
Enjoy meals up on the rooftop palapa with a stunning 360 degree view of Puerto Morelos, perfect for watching sunrises and sunsets over the Mayan Jungle.
Casa Om sleeps 24 and is across the street from the beach.
Some meals are provided by Casa Om’s team of exquisite chefs who locally source their food for an incredible culinary experience. Their food is guaranteed to help you be stronger and healthier on your trip.
At Casa Om we run a full gourmet vegetarian kitchen. We offer extensive Mexican, Thai, New American, and Lebanese food options. Visitors love our fresh juices and superfood smoothies. All dishes are prepared with a healthy yogic lifestyle in mind. We love to make gluten free and vegan meals as well.
We will include breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights out of the 6 you are with us. The other nights we will venture out into town.
Our head chef, Eduardo, is a former restaurateur; he brings more than 10 years of professional cooking experience to Casa Om. He is passionate about food and his cooking classes are a favorite amongst our visitors. Those passionate about cuisine will find a like-minded soul.
Casa Om will arrange shuttle service to and from the airport.
Casa Om is a 20-minute car ride from the airport (CUN) to Casa Om. We are located at 9 mza 26 sm 02 avenue javier rojo gomez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Optional Excursions (additional fee applies):
The Mexican Riviera is flush with these beautiful underground pools and a trip here isn’t complete without a dip in these refreshing waters. There are multiple cenotes to visit that are much less crowded than those in the Tulum area and only about 30min away by car. Find tranquility below ground or liven you experience with a cenote/zip line combination. Both options are available and booking at least a day in advance is recommended.
Snorkeling & Snuba
The biodiversity on the protect reef in the Mexican Riviera is stunning. Take off for an afternoon when the sun lights up the corals, tropical fish and sponges and search for turtles or reef sharks. Snorkelers can float above it all while snuba divers (no certification needed) can swim down into the tropical traffic. Either option will highlight why this area is protected and turned into a National Marine Park. Yogis can walk to the beach and take a 5min stroll to reach the operator. This natural oasis is literally steps from our retreat center.
If you’re a diver there’s twice the opportunity here, you can dive in the coral reefs or, for something a little different, take a cavern or cenote dive. Seasonally the more adventurous (crazy?) yogis can also try a bull shark dive…eek! Tons of diving options await the intrepid.
Akumal Sea Turtle Snorkel
The warm Caribbean waters off of the Mexican Riviera boast sea turtle populations year-round. You can outfit with a dive shop to snorkel with these lovelies or head out with your own gear and see if you get lucky.
The Mayan ruins at Coba is one of the few sites in the Yucatan that is still relatively unrestored. Many of these ancient buildings are the same as when they were rediscovered in 1890. The beautiful location is less hectic and touristy than other Mayan sites and is certainly worth the day trip.
Casa Om Spa
Whether you’re looking for an amazing massage or energy work, The Travel Yogi team can tell you first hand how amazing the team at Casa Om is. Please be prepared to book early to secure a spot. Once the word gets out from the first few massages, they’ll book up quickly!
Playa del Carmen
Take a shopping trip, have a great meal, or just enjoy people watching on a trip to Playa del Carmen. This is a fun tourist spot where you can shop for anything from cheap souvenirs to boutique items.
Early bird pricing is listed below. Rates increase by $100 after February 28th
Double Room (shared bath, 2 single beds): $1,589 per person
Double Room (private bath, 2 single beds): $1,689 per person
Couples Queen Room (queen bed + sofa couch, private bath, private balcony): $1,789 per person
Couples King Room (king bed, private luxury bath, large balcony): $1,949 per person
Flights to/from Cancun and shuttle or taxi cost to/from Casa Om not included. Space is limited and bookings are first come, first served. 50% deposit is due at time of booking to reserve your spot.