Bikram Yoga Retreat – May 2016 in MexicoMay 22nd – 28th, 2016
- < Back to retreats
About the Retreat
Join fellow Bikram Hot Yogis from around the world in May 2016 for an unforgettable 7 days/ 6 nights Yoga holiday on our 5th Retreat at the stunning Casa Om in Puerto Morelos, Mexico.
Enjoy daily Bikram Yoga classes and / or Posture Clinics to deepen your understanding of the 26 Bikram Yoga Postures. Whether you are new to Bikram Yoga or have been practicing for years you will after this week surely come back home with a much more improved practice. And a sun tan as well!
Puerto Morelos is a laid back fishing village just 20 minutes south of Cancun. What visitors love about ‘Puerto’ are lower prices and a slower pace of life than its larger, busier neighbours like Cancun or Playa del Carmen. It’s the perfect spot for relaxation – a place to get away from it all and experience the simple Caribbean life, while still being centrally located to the surrounding attractions of the Riviera Maya. And there are some great Cocktail bars too.
We have planned a fantastic week with plenty of Bikram Yoga, Posture Clinics, Workshops, half day excursion and much much more. Casa Om is situated right across of one of the most beautiful beaches at the Riviera Maya, with crystal clear waters and no waves at all. Just how you would imagine the Caribbean at its best. Most classes will be held in the heated Yoga studio right in the villa, and a couple outside on the pier overlooking the ocean. An experience not to be missed.
All rooms in the villa are beautifully decorated in Balinese style and feature daily fresh towels, aircon, own en-suite bathroom, ceiling fans, mosquito nets over each bead and organic toiletries.
Optional activities that can be organised directly once you are there as as follows: Onsite massages and healing therapies, snorkeling trips, diving ( right outside our door is the 2nd largest reef in the world so there are plenty of opportunities to experience the amazing worl in the water), sailing trips, mexican cooking classes (this is a favourite of previous guests), spa treatements, shopping trips to cancun and playa del carmen, waterpark adventures, horse riding, Stand up paddle boarding and much more.
- 7 days/6 nights accommodation in a private, stunning beach-front villa including pool
- Daily Bikram Yoga classes and 2 Posture Clinics in a heated studio overlooking the ocean
- unlimited coffee, tea, filtered drinking water
- 6 * Brunch after our morning Bikram Yoga Class
- 4 * Dinner – a choice of vegetarian, vegan, raw, fish and meat options we have our own private chef!
- Half Day Tour to visit the tulum ruins and shopping trip to Playa del Carmen
- Cocktail night
- Daily fresh juices
- Yoga mats, towels, props
- Transfers from and to Cancun International Airport to the villa on the day of the beginning and day of the departure of the Retreat
- a few other surprises
Example of a day at the retreat:
7.30am – 8.00am Coffee, Tea
8.00am – 9.30am Bikram Yoga Class
10.00am -12.00am Brunch
12.00am – 4.30pm Free Time
12.00am – 4.30pm Free Time
3.30pm – 6.30pm Bikram Yoga Class / Workshop / Posture Clinic – this varies
7.00pm – 8.30pm Dinner
Casa Om has 10 beautiful bedrooms, a spacious and well-equipped yoga room, swimming pool, and a kitchen. Bedrooms are double occupancy, and have either a private bathroom or a bathroom shared between two rooms.
The rooms at Casa Om are comfortable and beautifully designed with air conditioning and fans. Drinking water and a small coffee maker are in each room, and most rooms have a small mini-fridge. Yoga mats, towels, and beach towels are provided!
Wifi is included and available throughout the resort.
Enjoy meals up on the rooftop palapa with a stunning 360 degree view of Puerto Morelos, perfect for watching sunrises and sunsets over the Mayan Jungle.
Casa Om sleeps 24 and is across the street from the beach.
Some meals are provided by Casa Om’s team of exquisite chefs who locally source their food for an incredible culinary experience. Their food is guaranteed to help you be stronger and healthier on your trip.
At Casa Om we run a full gourmet vegetarian kitchen. We offer extensive Mexican, Thai, New American, and Lebanese food options. Visitors love our fresh juices and superfood smoothies. All dishes are prepared with a healthy yogic lifestyle in mind. We love to make gluten free and vegan meals as well.
We will include breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights out of the 6 you are with us. The other nights we will venture out into town.
Our head chef, Eduardo, is a former restaurateur; he brings more than 10 years of professional cooking experience to Casa Om. He is passionate about food and his cooking classes are a favorite amongst our visitors. Those passionate about cuisine will find a like-minded soul.
Casa Om will arrange shuttle service to and from the airport. It is included in the price of the retreat.
Casa Om is a 20-minute car ride from the airport (CUN) to Casa Om. We are located at 9 mza 26 sm 02 avenue javier rojo gomez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Go Diving or Snorkeling
Puerto Morelos is meters away from one of the largest coral reefs in the world. Take a morning or afternoon to explore the reefs with a guide and see colorful fish, coral, and maybe even a sea turtle!
Visit a Ceynote
Explore an underwater cave in the Mayan jungle! These caves of groundwater are hundreds of feet deep and full of crystal clear water. Take a zip line over them for a once in a lifetime experience!
Have a Spa Treatment:
Relax and refresh yourself with a spa treatment right at Casa Om! Our in-house massage therapist can provide a relaxing massage or Ayurvedic treatment – a great compliment to a yoga retreat for a total body blissful experience!
Explore Playa del Carmen:
Take a shopping trip, have a great meal, or just enjoy people watching on a trip to Playa del Carmen. This is a fun tourist spot where you can shop for anything from cheap souvenirs to boutique items.
Shared double occupancy : $1,680
Single occupancy: $2,380
Shared occupancy in 6-bed dorm: $1,180
- International/national flights are NOT included in the price
- Travel insurance is not included but highly recommended
- The remaining amount is due no later than 70 days prior to the retreat start date
- Payments can be made via PayPal/Credit Card -Paypal fee is included in the above price
- single accommodation is limited for this Retreat, there are only 3 rooms available!
- the Retreat is limited to 15 participants only!
- Any cancellation will require an administrative fee of $150 USD
- Up to 120 days prior to the retreat start date – the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 70 days prior to the retreat start date – 40% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 45 days prior to the retreat start date – 20% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- After 45 days prior to the retreat start date – no refund applies
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 days of notification to us