Evolve Your Asana – 26&2 Hot Yoga and so much more!May 17th - 23rd, 2020
- < Back to retreats
About the Retreat
This is an all-levels Hot Yoga / Bikram-Method retreat designed specifically for: beginners seeking to commit to and seal a regular yoga practice, long-term hot-yogis seeking to bring new life to the familiarity of a fixed sequence practice, and everyone and anyone who is seeking an opportunity to relax, recharge and reclaim the peace within. With twice daily morning/afternoon classes (Bikram-method/26&2, with intermediate options as appropriate, plus hatha vinyasa flow for strength); 2 posture clinics/workshops, and a sprinkling of a couple evening slow flow/yin offerings, this will be a chance to fully immerse yourself in a week of self care. In between classes you can chill by pool, step across the street to the beach (a 60-second stroll!), or take a short walk into town for shopping, sipping and sight-seeing.
- Twice daily yoga practices: Bikram-method/26&2, flow, yin. Please note that on arrival and departure days there will be only one class, but on the remaining days, there will always be two and sometimes 3 classes.
- Weather permitting at least one morning class will be held on the beach.
- Beyond Bikram 26&2 Posture Clinic – tips and techniques for evolving and advancing your Bikram-method 26/2 yoga practice
- Mindful Living Workshop – Learn simple but effective take-home techniques for incorporating elements of your retreat back into your daily life, so you can stay balanced and focused off your mat.
- New Moon Cacao Ritual – Under the energy of the new moon, we will close our retreat, setting new intentions, release what is no longer serving us, and share in community.
- Brunch daily (excluding arrival day)
- 4 dinners
- Transfers to and from Cancun International Airport (it’s a short, 20 minute ride)
- Yoga attire laundry, blocks, yoga mats, and yoga towels (so you can pack super light!! leave ALL your unnecessary “baggage” at home!)
- Yummy honey body wash, shampoo and conditioner in each room
- Unlimited free filtered water – a Mexico must for a happy, healthy hydrated yogi!
- Free time to enjoy on the beach or to head out on an excursion of your choice (additional fees apply for excurcison)
- WiFi – signal is strong and consistent at Casa Om, as well as all over Puerto Morelos
- Unlimited good vibes and unconditional support
What’s Not Included:
- Lunches (brunch and dinner only is an excellent compliment to your yoga practice, but if you need a little something more, we will steer you to some excellent local options – many of which are vegetarian/vegan friendly!)
- Planned off-site excursion to a cenote ($50 US or less)
- Additional independent excursions (prices vary depending on excursion type)
- Spa and Body Treatments (the Casa Om massage therapists are truly spectacular, and very affordable)
- Travel insurance (recommended, but not required) Travel Visas (as needed for international guests)
- Gratuities (we recommend $25 per week/per guest for the amazing Casa Om staff)
- Stress, drama, worry – none of that will touch you while you’re in “the yoga bubble”
Sneak Peak of a Perfect Day at Casa Om :
- * 6:30 – 7 – Rise and shine! Have coffee in the upstairs communal kitchen gathering area, poolside or in the privacy or your room
- * 7:30 – Morning yoga
- * 9:30 – 10:30 – a yummy, post-yoga breakfast in the rooftop palapa
- * 4:30 – Afternoon class OR posture clinic, 60 to 120 minutes depending on format
- * 6:30 – 7:30 dinner
- * 8:00 – Slow Flow/Yin Melt, plus Guided Meditation or Yoga Nidra
- * 10:00 – Sweet Dreams! (It’s ok to stay up later, but shhhhh, yogis need their rest!)
About Your Retreat Leader
Charlee is a YA-Certified ERYT, with an additional 200+ hours of trainings, plus certifications in Yin and Hot Pilates. She has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years, and is passionately committed to practicing and teaching evolved and sustainable Bikram-method/26&2 yoga, infused with variations that allow students to grow, modify or intensify the postures as needed. She attends regular trainings, retreats, and workshops, drawing inspiration and influence from the second generation of the Bikram lineage: Mary Jarvis and her students including: Zeb Homison, Gianna Purcell, Esak Garcia, Pachi Shanaberger and Jared McCann. Charlee also has training in and practices mindful hatha vinyasa movement, and uses her knowledge of both yoga systems to teach a class that is alignment-focused, with emphasis on each student’s unique anatomy/bony structure, movement history and practice goals.
In her own words: “26&2 Yoga is fixed, the postures never change – but what we bring to the mat each time we practice is a constant variable. There is virtually limitless growth within this sequence when students are given the freedom to explore and approach familiar postures with fresh perspectives. Join me at Casa Om and see for yourself!”
For more information on Charlee, find her at charleegirlyoga.com
Brandyce Stephenson is a RYT-200 yoga and meditation teacher currently enrolled in a 500-hr training with Yoga Medicine. She holds additional certifications in yin yoga and mindful trauma- informed yoga. Brandyce came to yoga to create a sense of balance in her life and quickly discovered that it became more than just something to do, but rather a way to live. She loves sharing this beautiful practice with others and watching the transformation that happens in her students lives both on and off the mat.
Brandyce finds balance by practicing both the yin and yang aspects of yoga. Two of her favorite styles to teach are yin and restorative yoga, inviting students to experience what it feels to find rest and relaxation while still working the body in a different way. She is also a self-proclaimed arm balance addict and loves to create playful shapes whenever she has the chance and shares this passion for playfulness in her classes. When she’s not teaching yoga, you can find her in the kitchen whipping up something yummy, planning her next trip, or enhancing her education to better serve her students and the community.
Casa Om has 11 beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms, a spacious and well equipped yoga room, swimming pool, a rooftop dining area and 2 kitchens. Bedrooms can set for either single or double occupancy, and have either a private bathroom or a bathroom shared between two rooms. Casa Om also has a new dorm that sleeps up to 6 people in bunk beds.
The rooms at Casa Om are comfortable and beautifully designed with air conditioning and fans. Drinking water and wifi are provided. Casa Om sleeps 26 and is across the street from the beach.
At Casa Om we run a full gourmet vegetarian kitchen. We offer extensive Mexican, Thai, New American, and Lebanese food options. Visitors love our fresh juices and superfood smoothies. All dishes are prepared with a healthy yogic lifestyle in mind. We love to make gluten free and vegan meals as well.
We will include breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights out of the 6 you are with us. The other nights we will venture out into town.
Our head chef, Eduardo, is a former restaurateur; he brings more than 10 years of professional cooking experience to Casa Om. He is passionate about food and his cooking classes are a favorite amongst our visitors. Those passionate about cuisine will find a like-minded soul.
Casa Om will arrange shuttle service to and from the airport. It is included in the price of the retreat.
Casa Om is a 20-minute car ride from the airport (CUN) to Casa Om. We are located at 9 mza 26 sm 02 avenue javier rojo gomez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Optional Excursions (additional fee applies):
The Mexican Riviera is flush with these beautiful underground pools and a trip here isn’t complete without a dip in these refreshing waters. There are multiple cenotes to visit that are much less crowded than those in the Tulum area and only about 30min away by car. Find tranquility below ground or liven you experience with a cenote/zip line combination. Both options are available and booking at least a day in advance is recommended.
Snorkeling & Snuba
The biodiversity on the protect reef in the Mexican Riviera is stunning. Take off for an afternoon when the sun lights up the corals, tropical fish and sponges and search for turtles or reef sharks. Snorkelers can float above it all while scuba divers (no certification needed) can swim down into the tropical traffic. Either option will highlight why this area is protected and turned into a National Marine Park. Yogis can walk to the beach and take a 5 minute stroll to reach the operator. This natural oasis is literally steps from our retreat center.
If you’re a diver there’s twice the opportunity here, you can dive in the coral reefs or, for something a little different, take a cavern or cenote dive. Seasonally the more adventurous (crazy?) yogis can also try a bull shark dive…eek! Tons of diving options await the intrepid.
Akumal Sea Turtle Snorkel
The warm Caribbean waters off of the Mexican Riviera boast sea turtle populations year-round. You can outfit with a dive shop to snorkel with these lovelies or head out with your own gear and see if you get lucky.
The Mayan ruins at Coba is one of the few sites in the Yucatan that is still relatively unrestored. Many of these ancient buildings are the same as when they were rediscovered in 1890. The beautiful location is less hectic and touristy than other Mayan sites and is certainly worth the day trip.
Playa Del Carmen Take a shopping trip, have a great meal, or just enjoy people watching on a trip to Playa del Carmen. This is a fun tourist spot where you can shop for anything from cheap souvenirs to boutique items.
Prices are Per Person
Dorm Price for Singles – $1,299 per person, yoginis only, please.
Double Room Shared Bath – $1,599 per person double occupancy, $1849 single
Double Room Private Bath – $1,799 per person double occupancy, $2049 single
Queen Room Private Bath – $1,999
King Room Private Bath – $2,599 per person double occupancy; this room is not available for single occupancy
Queen Room Private Bath (not en-suite) with Sea View – $2,599
Gather your besties for a week-long sleepover! If you can fill the dorm with your squad of 6 we’ll give you a special price. Must book at same time! Reach out for details, and don’t delay, because the dorm is first come, first served. Contact – email@example.com
- $500 deposit to guarantee your room, due upon registration. Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable
- Remainder of Balance due 1.5 months prior to the start of the retreat (April 30, 2020)