Learn to teach Vinyasa & Yin in One Week!June 6th - 13th, 2020
- < Back to retreats
About the Retreat
About the Training
- One Week Teacher Training for Vinyasa and Yin yoga
- This is a one-week continuing education immersive training and includes Vinyasa and Yin yoga.
- Take your teaching to the next level and master your teaching skills. This will be an intensive, accelerated training up to 40 contact hours.
TRAINING IS FOR
- Teachers who want to be on the beach in Mexico and learn yoga
- Teachers who want to add Vinyasa to their teaching repertoire
- Teachers who want to add Yin to their teaching repertoire
- Teacher who want a one week comprehensive training
- Teachers who want to take their teaching to the next level
- People who attended training but have not taught or who haven’t taught in a long time.
- To honor what you know already
- To learn how to teach Vinyasa yoga
- Transitional Cuing
- Posture Cuing
- Sun A
- Sun B
- Chaturanga Cuing
- Class Elements/Structure
- Intelligent Class Sequencing
- Music Playlist
- Theming (adding layers to your class)
- 33 asana teaching guide
- Practice Teaching
- To learn how to teach Yin yoga
- To learn how to teach Yin yoga
- To review and communicate the “why” from an anatomical, safe, customer service oriented, and healing perspective of what we are asking students to do
- To support communication with purpose, integrity and knowledge
Sterling Hot Yoga Vinyasa + Yin Training + Continuing Education Hours
Saturday, June 6 – Saturday, June 13, 2020
$1999 D.O. per person
- Ground transportation from Cancun airport to Casa Om for arrivals booked on Saturday, June 6 between 1pm & 5pm.
- Ground transportation to Cancun airport from Casa Om for departures on Saturday, June 13 between 10am & 2pm.
- Welcome dinner on Saturday, Day 1.
- Shared Accommodations at Casa Om or comparable rooms nearby.
- Fresh linens 2x/week
- Healthy, tasty, high protein vegetarian breakfast Monday through Saturday Vegetarian dinner Monday through Friday
- Mats & towels provided for each yoga class
- Daily laundry of yoga clothes
- One-week of yoga instruction
- Posture Breakdown and Teaching Techniques
- Sterling printed manual
Space is limited! Book now www.SterlingHotYoga.com
Casa Om has 11 beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms, a spacious and well equipped yoga room, swimming pool, a rooftop dining area and 2 kitchens. Bedrooms can set for either single or double occupancy, and have either a private bathroom or a bathroom shared between two rooms. Casa Om also has a new dorm that sleeps up to 6 people in bunk beds.
The rooms at Casa Om are comfortable and beautifully designed with air conditioning and fans. Drinking water and wifi are provided. Casa Om sleeps 26 and is across the street from the beach.
At Casa Om we run a full gourmet vegetarian kitchen. We offer extensive Mexican, Thai, New American, and Lebanese food options. Visitors love our fresh juices and superfood smoothies. All dishes are prepared with a healthy yogic lifestyle in mind. We love to make gluten free and vegan meals as well.
We will include breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights out of the 6 you are with us. The other nights we will venture out into town.
Our head chef, Eduardo, is a former restaurateur; he brings more than 10 years of professional cooking experience to Casa Om. He is passionate about food and his cooking classes are a favorite amongst our visitors. Those passionate about cuisine will find a like-minded soul.
Casa Om will arrange shuttle service to and from the airport. Please contact Casa Om for more information.
Casa Om is a 20-minute car ride from the airport (CUN) to Casa Om. We are located at 9 mza 26 sm 02 avenue javier rojo gomez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Optional Excursions (additional fee applies):
The Mexican Riviera is flush with these beautiful underground pools and a trip here isn’t complete without a dip in these refreshing waters. There are multiple cenotes to visit that are much less crowded than those in the Tulum area and only about 30min away by car. Find tranquility below ground or liven you experience with a cenote/zip line combination. Both options are available and booking at least a day in advance is recommended.
Snorkeling & Snuba
The biodiversity on the protect reef in the Mexican Riviera is stunning. Take off for an afternoon when the sun lights up the corals, tropical fish and sponges and search for turtles or reef sharks. Snorkelers can float above it all while snuba divers (no certification needed) can swim down into the tropical traffic. Either option will highlight why this area is protected and turned into a National Marine Park. Yogis can walk to the beach and take a 5min stroll to reach the operator. This natural oasis is literally steps from our retreat center.
If you’re a diver there’s twice the opportunity here, you can dive in the coral reefs or, for something a little different, take a cavern or cenote dive. Seasonally the more adventurous (crazy?) yogis can also try a bull shark dive…eek! Tons of diving options await the intrepid.
Akumal Sea Turtle Snorkel
The warm Caribbean waters off of the Mexican Riviera boast sea turtle populations year-round. You can outfit with a dive shop to snorkel with these lovelies or head out with your own gear and see if you get lucky.
The Mayan ruins at Coba is one of the few sites in the Yucatan that is still relatively unrestored. Many of these ancient buildings are the same as when they were rediscovered in 1890. The beautiful location is less hectic and touristy than other Mayan sites and is certainly worth the day trip.
Casa Om Spa
Whether you’re looking for an amazing massage or energy work, The Travel Yogi team can tell you first hand how amazing the team at Casa Om is. Please be prepared to book early to secure a spot. Once the word gets out from the first few massages, they’ll book up quickly!
Playa del Carmen
Take a shopping trip, have a great meal, or just enjoy people watching on a trip to Playa del Carmen. This is a fun tourist spot where you can shop for anything from cheap souvenirs to boutique items.