Sterling Hot Yoga Vinyasa Teacher Training, RYT-200 CertifiedJune 5th - July 2nd, 2022
- < Back to retreats
About the Retreat
Do you want to expand your teaching skills? Do you want to get an RYT Certification? Then this is the training for you!
This is a four-week, 28 day immersive RYT 200 yoga training with a focus on Vinyasa.
An immersive four-week training designed for you to deepen your Vinyasa practice and/or obtain your Yoga Alliance RYT 200 certification to teach. Training includes Yoga History and Philosophy, Subtle + Physical Anatomy and Physiology, Customer Service, Communication and Self Care workshops + exploratory classes to fulfill Yoga Alliance prerequisites and broaden our yoga landscape in 26&2 Original Hot Yoga, Yin, Meditation and Yoga Nidra.
Take your practice to the next level and master your teaching skills. This will be an intensive training that combines all styles of learning.
Training is for
- Anyone who wants to obtain a 200 Hour Yoga Alliance certification through an accelerated process
- Anyone interested in deepening your practice and finding a stronger version of yourself
- Understanding of how the subtle and physical anatomy & physiology of the body is related to the postures
- Learning yoga history and philosophy
- Allowing trainees ample time to practice teaching in 60min and 90min formats and to receive effective and useful coaching
- Enjoying the ease of the Riviera Maya in Mexico and steadiness of a yoga training
- To learn how to teach Vinyasa yoga
- Transitional Cuing
- Posture Cuing
- Sun A
- Sun B
- Chaturanga Cuing
- Class Elements/Structure
- Intelligent Class Sequencing
- Music Playlist
- Theming (adding layers to your class)
- Sterling Handbook + Asana teaching guide
- Practice Teaching
The Sterling Method Teaches
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Client retention and business best practices
- Classroom management
- Professional behavior
- Clear and concise communication
- Magnetic customer service
- Passionate and compassionate teaching
Sterling Participants Will Learn
- Sequence, key terms and phraseology of instruction
- Proper alignment, benefit, potential risks and rewards of each pose
- Principles of anatomy and how they apply to each posture
- How to see bodies and make corrections
- Vocal variety while maintaining an authentic voice
- Confidence though practice teaching
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Customer service aspect of a professional yoga instructor
- How to put it all together to teach with precision and intent
- Living the teaching lifestyle – how to manage money, stay healthy and avoid burnout as a yoga instructor
Sterling Trainees Will Get
The Retreat Includes:
- Ground transportation from Cancun airport to Casa Om for arrivals booked on Sunday, June 5 between 1pm & 5pm.
- Ground transportation to Cancun airport from Casa Om for departures on Saturday, July 2 between 10am & 2pm.
- Welcome dinner on Sunday, June 5.
- Shared Accommodations at Casa Om or comparable rooms nearby.
- Fresh linens 2x/week-Healthy, tasty, high protein vegetarian breakfast Monday through Saturday
- Vegetarian dinner Monday through Friday
- Mats & towels provided for each yoga class
- Daily laundry of yoga clothes
- 28 days of yoga instruction
- 28 days of yoga teaching instruction
- Pre-training homework and reading materials
- Physical and Subtle Anatomy Training Material
- Sterling printed manual & dropbox files with training worksheets and other reference material
- A comprehensive schedule
- Variety of learning tools
- Goals for each learning segment
- Efficient use of time
- Personal attention
- Healthy meals and rest
- Respect, safety and support
- Opportunity to meet potential employers
A Sample Day at the Training
8:00 – 10:00 Yoga Lab
10:00 – 11:30 Yoga Class Led by Teachers and/or Trainees
11:30 – 2:00 Siesta for Lunching, Resting, Studying,
2:00 – 4:00 Lecture / Classroom Time
4:30 – 6:00 Yoga Class Led by Teachers and/or Trainees
6:00 – 8:00 Dinner
8:00 – 10:00 Group Work
Casa Om has 12 beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms, a spacious and well equipped yoga room, swimming pool, a rooftop dining area and 2 kitchens. Bedrooms can be set for either single or double occupancy, and have either a private bathroom or a bathroom shared between two rooms. Casa Om also has a new dorm that sleeps up to 6 people in bunk beds.
The rooms at Casa Om are comfortable and beautifully designed with air conditioning and fans. Drinking water and wifi are provided. Casa Om sleeps 26 and is across the street from the beach.
At Casa Om we run a full gourmet vegetarian kitchen. We offer extensive Mexican, Thai, New American, and Lebanese food options. Visitors love our fresh juices and smoothies. All dishes are prepared with a healthy yogic lifestyle in mind. We love to make gluten free and vegan meals as well.
We will include breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights out of the 6 you are with us. The other nights you can explore fantastic restaurants a short walk away.
Our head chef, Karmina, is a brilliant chef; she brings more than 10 years of professional cooking experience to Casa Om. She is passionate about food and living a healthy lifestyle. Those passionate about cuisine will find a like-minded soul.
Casa Om will arrange shuttle service to and from the airport. Make sure Sterling has your travel information.
Casa Om is a 20-minute car ride from the airport (CUN) to Casa Om. We are located at 9 mza 26 sm 02 avenue javierrojogomez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Saturday afternoons and all day Sundays are reserved for optional excursions! They include for additional fee:
The Mexican Riviera is flush with these beautiful underground pools and a trip here isn’t complete without a dip in these refreshing waters. There are multiple cenotes to visit that are much less crowded than those in the Tulum area and only about 30min away by car. Find tranquility below ground or liven you experience with a cenote/zip line combination. Both options are available and booking at least a day in advance is recommended.
Snorkeling & Snuba
The biodiversity on the protect reef in the Mexican Riviera is stunning. Take off for an afternoon when the sun lights up the corals, tropical fish and sponges and search for turtles or reef sharks. Snorkelers can float above it all while snuba divers (no certification needed) can swim down into the tropical traffic. Either option will highlight why this area is protected and turned into a National Marine Park. Yogis can walk to the beach and take a 5min stroll to reach the operator. This natural oasis is literally steps from our retreat center.
If you’re a diver there’s twice the opportunity here, you can dive in the coral reefs or, for something a little different, take a cavern or cenote dive. Seasonally the more adventurous (crazy?) yogis can also try a bull shark dive…eek! Tons of diving options await the intrepid.
Akumal Sea Turtle Snorkel
The warm Caribbean waters off of the Mexican Riviera boast sea turtle populations year-round. You can outfit with a dive shop to snorkel with these lovelies or head out with your own gear and see if you get lucky.
The Mayan ruins at Coba is one of the few sites in the Yucatan that is still relatively unrestored. Many of these ancient buildings are the same as when they were rediscovered in 1890. The beautiful location is less hectic and touristy than other Mayan sites and is certainly worth the day trip.
Casa Om Spa
Whether you’re looking for an amazing massage or energy work, we have the best body workers in Puerto Morelos. Please be prepared to book early to secure a spot. Once the word gets out from the first few massages, they’ll book up quickly!
Playa del Carmen
Take a shopping trip, have a great meal, or just enjoy people watching on a trip to Playa del Carmen. This is a fun tourist spot where you can shop for anything from cheap souvenirs to boutique items.
Single Room Occupancy: $7500
Double Room Occupancy: $6999 per person
Early Bird Rate for Double Occupancy – Save $200 with promo code sterlingbird at check out by October 28, 2021.